Call Center Representative (HOME-BASED)
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a fast-growing internet advertising company from the comfort of your own home office!
Must have a PC computer (no MACs) with Microsoft Office or OpenOffice and high speed DSL or cable internet connection at home that is hard-wired or directly connected to the modem via Ethernet cable. (Our dialer system does not accept a wireless connection and it is not recommended to have a wireless carrier.) Internet download speed must be over 2.0 MBPS and upload speed should be over 1.0 MBPS.
Starting pay is $9.00/hour with a $1.00/hr increase after 600 hours of service PLUS eligibility to earn paid time off!
*Must attend our on-site 3 day training in Arlington Heights, IL (if hired)*
One of the many benefits of working at WCCC is the flexible scheduling. We prefer candidates who can work 25 to 39 hours per week. Special consideration may be made for qualified candidates who can commit to at least 20 hours per week. Call center hours: Monday – Saturday, 9am– 8pm CST/10am - 9pm EST, and Sunday 12pm – 4pm CST/1pm - 5pm EST. Qualified candidates must be able to commit to a set weekly schedule.
- Must be a resident of Illinois, or Indiana
- Must be over the age of 18
- Above average computer and typing skills
- Excellent communication skills and outgoing personality
- Handle a large number of calls daily without losing enthusiastic voice and attitude
- Have basic understanding of online marketing
- Able to work in a scripted environment
- Must be self-motivated and driven by personal success
- Able to multi-task
- Must possess positive, professional attitude and desire to help people
- Able to download & install software. If hired, you will need to download & install a program that allows you to use your computer to make calls. You will also be required to download and use Firefox as a web browser.
- Ability to delete cookies on your computer and take basic screenshots
- Prior call center experience a plus
Minimum Workstation Requirements: (Assumes the Virtual Call Center is the only application running on the agent workstation.)
- Processor: 1.5 ghz or greater.
- Memory: 4 GB or greater..
- Operating System: Windows 7 or higher.
- Java Runtime Environment (Latest Version).
- Screen Resolution: 1024x768 or higher.
- Some optional features require Microsoft Office 2003 or later.
- Supported Web Browsers: Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox (Latest versions) .
A headset will be provided.
ABOUT WINDY CITY CALL CENTER, LLC.
We are growing our complimentary education referral service and we work with a number of colleges and universities nationwide. We are making outbound calls as well as taking inbound calls from potential students who have applied online to receive information on furthering their education. We match them with certain schools based on their area of interest.
We are looking to hire multiple full- and part-time employees to fill positions for our virtual call center. Our reps call people that have indicated they are interested in getting information about furthering their education. We help them narrow down their options and select a school that is a good fit for them. We are NOT making unsolicited calls.
Why you should work for Windy City Call Center:
- Legitimate, work from home opportunity with a reputable BBB-accredited company (no startup costs associated!)
- Competitive hourly rate, with eligibility for an increase after completion of 600 hours with satisfactory performance
- Paid time off after completion of 600 hours
- Paid training to ensure you will be successful in your role
- Flexibility in work schedules and true work/life balance
- Saving over $3,000 per year on not having to commute
- Potential career advancement and performance incentives
- Eligibility to join a 401(k) Plan
Corporate Location: 125 S. Wilke Rd., Arlington Heights, IL 60005
Email us your resume at email@example.com